Serving our business partners through promotion, advocacy, encouragement and education
To be recognized as the community’s business membership organization that nurtures growth opportunities, expansion and financial success
Business Entrepreneurship and Development: Growing leadership talent through succession planning and mentoring; working directly with business leaders and economic development teams to foster business opportunities
Marketing: Strengthening local brand through use of assorted promotional and advertisement materials, use of news and radio mediums, soliciting input via direct mail, and fostering direct communication via use of newsletters and website
Education: Developing business acumen through the provision of educational series on marketing and business planning, loans, taxes etc., and partnering with technology centers, local schools, colleges and universities for customized business education and training
Collaboration: Fostering partnerships through focus groups, social and networking events, communication among members; by working together with the City of McAlester, Industry Leaders, Economic Development Organizations and Philanthropic Organizations
As the leading business organization in McAlester for over 80 years, The Chamber exists to serve the community and local businesses and ensure that the economic base remains strong.
When citizens and visitors are seeking information and don’t know who to ask The Chamber stands as the information center for McAlester.
Membership in The Chamber is an investment in McAlester and surrounding communities. With nearly 500 members, The Chamber’s voice for business is loud and strong. The following page lists some of the returns of membership investment.
McAlester is truly one of the greatest places to live and work in the world today and it is up to us to ensure that it remains that way for our children and those who follow. Our history is rich and so is our future.
- works with city, county and other officials to create a business-friendly environment;
- addresses current and future concerns of business as they relate to economic development and retention;
- develops programs to enhance economic growth and retail development within the community;
- addresses issues that could hinder the growth of the community such as housing, infrastructure and employment;
- welcomes visitors and potential newcomers to the area through a relocation packet and a wealth of additional information available at McAlester’s Information Center located at the McAlester Chamber headquarters;
- provides programs to the business community to keep them informed on current labor and safety issues, updated employment precedents, and workforce education.
- provides Ambassadors to welcome new businesses with ribbon-cuttings, goodwill visits, and other business celebrations;
- coordinates volunteer efforts of members and the public, working through Chamber committees;
- responds to information requests from outside the community;
- gives members a chance to connect with other business leaders in the community through breakfast seminars, education seminars, legislative breakfasts, and mixers;
- partners with the Oklahoma Small Business Development Center to provide a small business advisor to help people navigate through the process of starting a new business;
- refers only businesses that are members of The Chamber to the thousands of inquiries received each year;
- supplies support for business expansions and recruitment
- represents members’ interests on education, transportation, and legislative issues;
- maintains directories of clubs, organizations, manufacturers, and VIPs;
- furthers name recognition of members by providing listings in the membership directory, Chamber website, Chamber Matters newsletter, and Information Center display area; and
- sponsors a variety of special events throughout the year that nurture spirit and pride in our community.